Tuesday, January 18, 2011

At YVR

I thought I should wait until Cape Town and South Africa to make my first post but I figured this is a better way for everyone to stay in touch with me on this journey.
I leave for Amsterdam in 1.5 hours, then on to Cape Town and Stellenbosch the next day.

The Vancouver airport has always appeared nice to me but the international wing is amazing. I guess that makes sense with the Olympic upgrades and all. One thing I noticed is this gorgeous aquarium. It's a bit unusual though because I think I saw salmon mixed with more tropical type varieties of fish. It may be though that I am not as familiar with the local fish species as I thought. There are definitely some very brightly colored fish there next to the silver flashy salmon. Also these black starfish which are really neat.

I'm currently sitting at the gate and another cool thing is the people sitting next to me are speaking Swedish. I can still pick out the occasional word too which makes me very happy. Maybe after South Africa, I'll adventure to Sweden next. We shall see.

Well I should sign off and make sure I have everything for the flight. I miss everyone very much but I'm very excited too! Talk to you in Amsterdam,

No comments:

Post a Comment